GN Re is a private company and registered under the Companies Code of 1963 (Act 179). We obtained our license as a reinsurance company in Ghana from the National Insurance Commission on September 9, 2014. The company was launched on October 13, 2014 and commenced operations in the last quarter of 2014. The company grew its top line year on year to about GHS 41 million at the end of 2017.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Management of the company is under the guidance and direction of a nine-member board of directors with an in-depth understanding of (re)insurance, finance, law, actuarial science and strategic management.
The company is 100% owned by the Ghana Growth Fund Company Limited which is a member of Groupe Nduom.
The company has since grown with the following notable milestones;
- We have grown from a start up to become the number two reinsurance company in Ghana today.
- We organize annual industry training programmes for the market in Ghana and Africa.
- We have consistently posted profits including underwriting profits from our operations since 2016.
- We recorded a 37% growth in 2017 production figures
- We host captains of the insurance industry annually at a golf invitational tournament.
- GN Re has singlehandedly evolved and grown the only risk institute of Ghana i.e. Institute of Risk Management Professionals Ghana.
OUR CORE VALUES
In pursuance of our corporate mission, we are guided by these values;
- Speed and efficiency
- Quality service and professionalism
- Relationship and team building
- Customer focus
- Hard work and continuous self- improvement
- To be responsive to the needs of customers and intermediaries
- To plan well, make clear and sound business decisions.
- To be a reliable, dependable and trustworthy reinsurer
- GT Bank Limited
- GN Bank Limited
Deloitte & Touche
Ibex Court, 4 Liberation Road
P.O. Box GP 453, Accra
Blood donation (http://www.ghananewsagency.org/health/gn-reinsurance-company-supports-western-regional-hospital-with-blood-- 125266)
UG - GN RE Pensions & Insurance Research Fund ( https://www.gnglobalmedia.com/2018/05/07/gn-re-sets-up-research-fund-for-pension-insurance/ https://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/business/GN-RE-sets-up-research-fund-for-pension-insurance-650053 )